Saudi Association for Media and Communication
Saudi Association for Media and Communication (SAMC) is a scholarly institution established within the Ministry of Higher Education in 2002 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The founding general meeting was held on the 2nd of February, 2002 during which its first board of directors was elected to carry out the duties and responssibilities of the association. The association aims to accomplish the following goals:
- Promoting scholarly thought and activity in the field of media and communication and contributing to the development of related theories.
- Conducting specialized research in various aspects of media and communication in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Strengthening ties and cooperation between scholars and professionals working in the media arena in the kingdom.
- Cooperating with its counterpart international institutions.
- Encouraging exchange of thoughts and expertise among national, Arab, and international media experts.