King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology
We believe that scientific research and technological developments are key components to further economic growth and national development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and we operate and manage the following activities:
Supporting the National Research, Development and Innovation Strategy
KACST prepared a national plan for science, technology and innovation, the National Industrial Development and Logistics Program (NIDLP) and scientific support services for universities and research centers.
Technical support includes providing the Internet service through the Saudi Research and Innovation Network (Maeen), technical services, electronic and security archiving.
Research and Development
Implement research and development projects in 15 vital sectors that contribute to economic growth and sustainability.
Support and develop industrial innovation centers program and enhancing the work of business incubators, accelerators and the Industry 4.0 program.
To be a pioneer organization in science and technology by supporting innovation and fostering scientific research to promote the industrial development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
We invest in scientific research and technological advancements to serve national development in the Kingdom through the following objectives:
- Providing support for scientific research and technological development.
- Conducting applied scientific research and technological development.
- Coordinating national activities in the fields of science, technology and innovation.
- Strengthening local and international partnerships for technology transfer, localization and development.
- Providing consultations, services and innovative solutions.
- Investing in technology development and its commercial processes.
We derive our values from our traditions that promote the principles of transparency, trustworthiness and respect for our employees, society and partners.
We believe that our role lies in empowering our society by supporting scientific research for a promising future for our national economy.
We are committed to carrying out research and technology development to enhance our national capabilities by the localization and transfer of know-how for strategic technologies.